Town & Country Compounding is Hiring!
Registered Pharmacy Technician / Patient Care Representative
Patient Care Representative (PCR) is a registered pharmacy technician responsible for performing non-compounding activities related to patient care, prescription processing, and prescriber communications under the supervision of the Pharmacist-in-Charge.
Pharmacist-in-Charge and Supervising Technician
Job Activities and Responsibilities
- Must have knowledge of and follow applicable company Standard Operating Procedures, NJ BOP regulations, and HIPAA privacy guidelines.
- PCRs are often the first point of contact for customers so it is very important that PCRs greet and assist patients and prescribers in a friendly and professional manner.
- PCR shall ensure the accuracy of patient information/profile by verifying patient DOB, address, phone number, email address, allergies, disease state(s), and medication profile.
- PCR shall assist in answering and triaging incoming phone calls and taking and relaying messages.
- Other patient communication responsibilities include: answering patient and prescriber questions/concerns, scheduling medication pick-ups and deliveries, collecting payment from patients and providing price quotes, and processing refill orders from patients.
- PCR is also responsible for ensuring that sufficient follow-up activities are performed for all prescriptions that are currently “on hold”.
- PCRs shall also be responsible for communications with prescribers by answering prescriber questions as needed, sending and following up with prescribers for continuation of therapy requests, and taking refill authorization verbal orders for prescriptions that have not changed.
- Other responsibilities shall include: checking prescriptions for completeness, entering patient profiles into PK software, uploading documentation, generating prescription orders, processing prescriptions as cash prescriptions or through insurance, and generating prescription labels.
- PCRs will back up front desk/cash register.
- PCRs shall also place refill reminder calls to patients on a weekly basis, and make other courtesy calls as needed. PCRs are also responsible for monitoring the To-Do system to ensure that all refills on cyclic filling are filled on a monthly basis.
- PCRs may be responsible for submitted ASAP controlled substance reports to licensed states.
- PCRs are responsible for marketing and promoting the services the company offers, such as seminars, consultations, other compounded formulations, and supplements/vitamins.
- PCRs may be required to work past the scheduled closing time of 5pm based on business needs.
- PCRs shall work under the supervision of the Pharmacist-in-Charge and the Supervising Technician.
- PCRs shall also perform other miscellaneous tasks as needed and as assigned.