What You Need to Know About Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
How to Address a Common Problem Suffered by Many Men.
The world is familiar with the pills that have been used for erectile dysfunction. But, often, the pill doesn’t work or it isn’t what the patient needs.
Our pharmacists Ben Fais and pharmacist-owner John Herr at Town & Country Compounding specialize in helping with therapies for men’s health and erectile dysfunction and are available to do private consultations.
Low “T” Testosterone
Low levels of testosterone is often characterized by symptoms such as loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, depressed mood, and lethargy. After proper diagnosis, including testing for testosterone, estrogen, and luteinizing hormone (LH), properly directed therapy can be dramatically effective in reversing these symptoms and providing a healthier, more robust lifestyle.
Town & Country Compounding can make a customized dose of topical testosterone gel in various strengths.
When it comes to restoring balance to our bodies as we age, there’s no such thing as one size fits all. Town Country Compounding Pharmacy can compound various therapies to fit your patients’ individual needs. For added convenience, shipping is available.
Testosterone Absorption Issues? We have a compounding gel base available that helps provide superior testosterone delivery in men.
Independent testing showed that testosterone compounded into Atrevis™ Hydrogel base delivered more testosterone through the skin than other tested compounding bases. Our formulas range from concentrations of 0.5% up to 20%.
Low testosterone can be fairly complex, involving a myriad of factors including the inability of the testes to produce sufficient testosterone, improper brain signaling, and excess estrogen.
Compounded tri-mix or quad mix injection Rx options
Trimix is an injectable three-drug prescribed medication used to treat erectile dysfunction. The active ingredients in the mixture are usually alprostadil, papaverine, and phentolamine. The injection must be compounded by a pharmacy and administered via intracavernosal injection (an injection at either side, not the base, of the penis). Trimix is typically compounded by a pharmacy in a sterile environment and then frozen. 
Commonly Requested Compounds for Erectile Dysfunction Therapy
- Bi-Mix 1 (Papaverine 30mg/ml – Phentolamine 0.5mg/ml) Injection
- Bi-Mix 2 (Papaverine 30mg/ml – Phentolamine 1mg/ml) Injection
- Tri-Mix 1 (Papaverine 30mg/ml – Phentolamine 1mg/ml – Prostaglandin 10mcg/ml) Injection
- Tri-Mix 2 (Papaverine 30mg/ml – Phentolamine 1mg/ml – Prostaglandin 20mcg/ml) Injection
- Tri-Mix 3 (Papaverine 30mg/ml – Phentolamine 1mg/ml – Prostaglandin 30mcg/ml) Injection
- Tri-Mix 4 (Papaverine 30mg/ml – Phentolamine 1mg/ml – Prostaglandin 40mcg/ml) Injection
- Standard Quad Mix (Alprostadil 40mcg/Atropine 0.1mg/Papaverine 30mg/Phentolamine 2mg)
- Standard TriMix (Alprostadil 5.88mcg/mL Papaverine 18mg/mL Phentolamine 0.6mg/mL)
- Super Tri-Mix (Papaverine 30mg/mL – Phentolamine 2mg/mL – Prostaglandin 40mcg/mL) Injection
- Standard TriMix Trial Kit (Includes: #1 mL vial, 10 x Alcohol Pads)
Examples of compounded prescriptions used for Erectile Dysfunction
- VARDENAFIL 75 MG TROCHE
- SILDENAFIL 150 MG TROCHE
- TADALAFIL 75 MG TROCHE
- TESTOSTERONEATREVIS GEL 100MG/ML TOPICLICK
- TESTOSTERONEATREVIS GEL 200MG/ML TOPICLICK
Example of Supplements for Erectile Dysfunction:
Do You Need a Referral for a Trusted Prescriber?
T&C Compounding works with the most prestigious providers. We work with patients and health providers/specialists to formulate the most customized medication regimens to fit your specific needs. Medication is not one-size-fits-all, our compounding specialists use precise compounding techniques & equipment to get you the best solution.
We’re In This Together
We can win this fight against COVID-19 with the help of our communities. Every person has a role to play. Town & Country Compounding Pharmacy continues to provide medications & supplements needed throughout the quarantine period.
For the safety of our patients and staff we kindly ask that customers comply with our COVID-19 Policy: Curbside Pickup & Shipping Only.
Read more about T&C’s Patient Protection Plan.
Town & Country Compounding works with patients and providers to find solutions customized for each patient, as medication is not one-size-fits-all. Our pharmacy can then get in contact with your physician and help find a treatment plan that fits your needs.
We can ship out to you. Just email or call the pharmacy.
- Seyam R, Mohamed K, Akhras AA, Rashwan H (2005). “A prospective randomized study to optimize the dosage of trimix ingredients and compare its efficacy and safety with prostaglandin E1”. International Journal of Impotence Research. 17 (4): 346–53. doi:10.1038/sj.ijir.3901313. PMID 15772683.
- Kim SC, Chang IH, Jeon HJ (August 2003). “Preference for oral sildenafil or intracavernosal injection in patients with erectile dysfunction already using intracavernosal injection for > 1 year”. BJU International. 92 (3): 277–80. doi:10.1046/j.1464-410X.2003.04324.x. PMID 12887483.
- Israilov S, Baniel J, Shmueli J, Niv E, Engelstein D, Segenreich E, Livne PM (March 2004). “Treatment program for erectile dysfunction in patients with cardiovascular diseases”. The American Journal of Cardiology. 93 (6): 689–93. doi:10.1016/j.amjcard.2003.11.049. PMID 15019870.
- Trissel LA, Zhang Y (2004). “Long-term stability of trimix: a three-drug injection used to treat erectile dysfunction”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding. 8 (3): 231–5. PMID 23924676.
Reminder: Patients who pick-up from Our Pharmacy:
On an abundance of caution, Town & Country Compounding Pharmacy will be offering ONLY curb-side delivery & shipping until further notice. When placing your refill, please provide a credit card so we may process your order. Once you arrive to our address on the date and time you were confirmed for pick-up, please call us at 201-447-2020, Option 1 so we may bring your prescription to your car. See if we ship to your area.
Do You Have Questions for Our Pharmacists?
Fill out the form below to send in your questions.
Get the Help You Need to Improve Your Quality of Life
If you have a condition that involves pain, or opioid dependence, depression or something else listed in our previous blogs about LDN, please call us and we’ll work with you and your doctor to find the appropriate solution.