State-of-the-art compounding pharmacy in Ramsey, NJ seeks to fill a full-time / part-time position for a pharmacy technician with experience in sterile admixture and aseptic technique. This position will primarily involve sterile admixture under the direction of a pharmacist, cleaning of the sterile compounding areas, and inventory management. This is a terrific opportunity for a highly motivated individual to grow with our company.
- Current and valid New Jersey BOP registration as a pharmacy technician
- Current and valid certified pharmacy technician license (CPhT)
- Experience working in a sterile clean room (admixture of sterile medications, aseptic transfers of IV therapies, etc.…)
- High school diploma or equivalent
Basic computer competency
- Aseptic transfers of sterile preparations under the direction of a pharmacist and in compliance with current regulations and standards
- Demonstrates an understanding of USP 797 standards and of proper aseptic technique
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting of the pharmacy’s clean room in accordance with company policy
- Performs receiving, storage, and data entry of medications and supplies received from vendors
- Performs inventory management to ensure that needed medications and supplies are in stock
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Easy to work with, team player; we are looking to grow and build our sterile team.
- Participates in the pharmacy’s quality assurance program and on-going training and personnel evaluation as required by company policy
- Experience is strongly preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with any changes in orders on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints.
Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
We offer a competitive salary with:
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Pharmacy technician experience: 1 year (Required)
- NJ BOP (Required)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (Required)